So last night I was mad and moody and angry and hating everything and everyone around me. I hosted Writing Retreat - the folks there are so easy to talk to so I opened up with them about what I was feeling. They were instantly gracious and reminded me that
1) There is a spiritual battle
2) I don't have to be so hard on myself
3) The Lord is doing good things, don't get discouraged
4) Remember to do something fun and take time for myself
Oh yeah.. and... I'm an introvert. I completely forgot that I need time to myself to refuel and recharge. Duh. I have been so wrapped up lately with the concerns of the world that I forgot about taking care of myself. Loving the "least of these" in the world doesn't work well if I can't love the "least of these" found within my own soul.
Thanks, Writing Retreat friends! I spent the rest of the evening playing that stupid Drawing game on my ipad and watching Dr. Katz episodes (one of my favorite shows!!!) and laughed until I fell asleep... it was a great night.
b.
Whattttttttttttt?? You..mad..moody ? :)
ReplyDeleteHi Dad.
ReplyDelete