Monday, August 13, 2012

The wrong number... every time.

I didn't sleep well last night because today was my first day of Grad school. I tossed and turned and finally fell back to sleep about 3:30 am until my phone rang at 5.
"Hello?"
Voice: "Who dis?!"
"Umm... I think you have the wrong number."
Voice: "Well who dis?!"
"Sir, you have the wrong number."
Voice: "Well... is Tug-Boat there?"
"Sir, you have the wrong number."
Voice: "This is bullshit."
Click.

Okay, so as you would imagine, I had a hard time getting back to sleep. I was at first annoyed and then I was really entertained and giggled for quite a while.
I don't have any profound insight but listen, if you're calling someone at 5am and they answer the phone really groggy and sleepy sounding and sound like a young white woman when you're looking for "Tug-Boat," you might have the wrong number.

How many times do we need to press in and ask "who dis?!" before we get it into our brains that maybe we have the wrong number? No matter how many times you ask, the person on the other end will never turn into "Tug-Boat."

There are so many ways this could go.
If "Tug-Boat" isn't there, maybe you should just hang up and dial a new number. Or consider that the number you dialed may be the right one but you should ask for someone else?

until soon,
b.

No comments:

Post a Comment