Thursday, August 8, 2013

A holy life

Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. (Hebrews 12:14 NLT)

Living in peace.  I'm quite sure that those I am living with are the ones who would often second-guess my holiness.  They are the ones who witness firsthand how un-peaceful I can be.  

Living a holy life is hard work.  Truly, it must be worked at. And worked at. And worked at.  

And for the next part of that scripture I was wondering if that meant that if I did not live a holy life I would not "see The Lord"- or go to heaven.  But I read it a bit differently.  I think that those that are not "holy" (or folks that don't walk with Jesus) will never see Him if we don't live out what holiness looks like.  Walking with Jesus means that our lives SHOULD look different.. We should have more peace, more patience, more goodness, more faithfulness, more love, more joy, more gentleness, more self-control (the "fruits of the Spirit").  We should live lives that make them desire to see The Lord!  

But they will never see it if we don't show it to them.  Show them Jesus.  
It's hard to be like Jesus... But keep on.

Until soon,
b.

No comments:

Post a Comment