Be of one mind. Here Paul is speaking to the church.. All believers and followers of Jesus. I gotta tell ya though, I feel like he's speaking to me and that's enough. It's hard enough for ME to be of one mind. To know exactly what I want. To stand firmly on one principle, one belief, one ideal. People say things like... Well, I'm going back and forth on that... Or... I'm not sure what I feel about...
The Bible calls this a "double-minded man." He's like a ship tossed about in the ocean. The group Fun has a song out called "Some Nights." It says "I'm still not sure what I stand for..." Most of us feel this way about something in our lives.
So how difficult it is, then, for an entire community of believers to be "of one mind." United in thought and purpose. As Christians, what is our purpose? Some feel that it is to lead people to Jesus. Some feel our purpose is to convince sinners of their sin. Some feel that it is to grow the church (through membership in the church social club). We simply don't agree. Yet sometimes we just simply don't agree with ourselves.
So what do you stand for? What's your purpose?
until soon,
b.
No comments:
Post a Comment