i would prefer a hot, sunny day. i would drift, enjoying the sun. soaking the sun. no worries of food or water. no worries of sharks, jellyfish, giant squid, tiny toe biters. floating across the ocean. or maybe a large lake. tossed by passing ships. flung by playful dolphins. i would float to a private beach. where brittney would find me, carry me home, and hang me on her wall.
I posted on Facebook before I read your but thought I would share here too.
ReplyDeleteI would spend most of my days wearing a path in the sea drifting back and forth. I would get to see kids playing maybe and hopefully one day get to rest in the warm sand. Perhaps one day an artist would come upon me and take me home. I could be molded and shaped, crafted into something beautiful. I would then be hung on a wall and I would have the privileged of watching a family grow, overcome struggles and adversity, watch birthdays come and go oh what joy it would be to be drift wood.
If I were driftwood I would know what it means to have enough experience to wear off
ReplyDeleteall my outside veneer.
My grain would no longer be smooth,
but would remind the artist of lace,
full of holes that create a unique pattern.
I would be soft enough to be pierced,
yet bold enough to survive.