Monday, April 2, 2012

Up on the Roof

On the recommendation of Pastor Steve, my husband and I spent the afternoon on the roof.  We prayed about our stuff.  What should we let go of?  What would be hard to let go of?  What should we just relax and enjoy?  Are we being faithful with it? 

One of our favorite movies is Brother Sun Sister Moon.  Young Francis throws all of his (and his father's) belongings out of the window to the poor people below.  He then strips down and walks bare butt out of the town- owning nothing. 

Eric and I sat in silence for a few moments, listening to the Lord, when I looked over and saw my husband sitting on the roof- butt naked.  Of course I gasped and freaked out laughing.  Good thing our neighbors are all gone for the day.  He laughed and said, "Well, I just wanted to be like St. Francis and surrender everything to the Lord."

I think Pastor Steve also said something about "be careful little eyes what you see..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Qqnl3_QrU

7 comments:

  1. o no.... you really shared this....
    well.... hello world!! this is me! now you know what a saint my wife is for putting up with me! I love you britt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha!! good 'ol country living! Couldn't get away with that in Wichita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? I live with boys. "Naked Time" is a regular occurance around here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't tell me you live in an apartment complex! Or a similar closely connected region.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. Clothes are optional around here, too. Life with boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris Gonzales adenApril 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

    It's both comforting and disconcerting how many people have experienced Eric without his clothes. For me it was frisbee golf in the snow at his sister's wedding.

    ReplyDelete