I awoke this morning to a beautiful day. It's my day off and the only thing on the calendar is date-day with my husband and family time together this evening. The sun is shining, my chickens are scratching in the dirt for small insects like ticks and fleas (thank you God) and I am awake and rested.
I put my contacts in and check on my Adventure Fish, an iPad app addiction. I head to the kitchen for coffee and an orange.. What a great day for a run! I think I'll hook up the little doggie to her leash and run to the park. Yes, please.
But I feel something. What is it? A small unrest. What did I forget? Is something else on the calendar? I check. Nope. Okay, I forgot God.
So I take my coffee outside and sit in the shade. I have my bible app, which has become my bible and journal and blog in one. I love it. The chickens are still scratching, the birds are twittering around the trees, and I am now perfectly at peace. Everything is so much better with God. I'm sitting here with my workout clothes on and this is the scripture for the day... For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things...
I think of my family, my friends, and my clients. How much they need for me to be tied in to Christ. I think of myself. How much I need Him to be near.. To speak into my heart and guide my day. Even if its just a run to the park.
Until soon,
b.
No comments:
Post a Comment