And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation.
This is the account of the creation of the heavens and the earth. When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens." (Genesis 2:1-4 NLT)
I love this image of God. He has been working hard, creating the world and everything in it. That's a lot of work! I'm not one of those Christians who really cares how long this LITERALLY took to do- days or millions of years... I believe God is capable of working within process. But I love the image of Him resting. I love to rest. I love to nap. I love to sit by the pool in the sun with some music, spray bottle, snack, and pina colada. I picture God sitting back saying, "Now THIS is a great day!" and just His very words make it so. It becomes THE GREAT DAY for all people, for all time. He "declared it holy."
Today is a Monday. I am sitting outside on a cool, drizzly Kansas day. Everything is green and I am resting. I declare today "holy."
Now THIS is a great day!
until soon,
b.
No comments:
Post a Comment