Saturday, March 10, 2012

being approved

2 Corinthians 10:18
For it is not he who commends himself that is approved, but he whom the Lord commends.


I like this idea of "being approved" as if God were sitting at his huge desk- thumbing through the options laid out for my life- and placing his huge stamp of approval on each one.  Some options may be filed away for a later time, or some may be discarded.  


So much is happening in my life right now.  I feel that everything up to this point has been training and a lot of waiting.  But now is the time for things to be approved.  I praise the Lord for all He has done.  


And I am also reminded, with humility, that all of the gifts/talents/opportunities in my life were given by Him and so I return to Him all of the glory.  


it's a good day



2 comments:

  1. Cool! I know the feeling. It's a crapshoot sometimes though. Like you gotta file through a bunch of crap to get to the one God likes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep... i just gotta remember that he's a whole bunch more smarter than me

    ReplyDelete