Sunday, March 4, 2012

smile

nothing is more "pure in heart" than the children standing at the front of the church on Sunday morning.  They are just the cutest thing ever.  Bed-head, band-aids, little shiny scuffed shoes.  They love to stand on the stage and sing yet seem completely unaware of the audience.  They wave at people they know, elbow each other, pick at scabs or noses, and make their hand motions as large as they can regardless of who is in front or next to them.  it's great.

this morning we were told that being "pure in heart" means, simply, being honest.  no motives.  no hidden agendas.  If you want to know what this means, look at the kiddos.  Some of them smile big smiles without being told.  Some of them barely sing or smile and I wonder if they are simply there because their parents demand it- or because of the free donuts!

if you are a child and your life is your stage... think about what being "pure in heart" means to you.


1 comment:

  1. speaking of smiles, this blog made me smile.... Love the picture of those little ones on stage...bedheads and all.
    and a bit unsure what "pure in heart" means for me....
    Tho, I guess it means doing what I feel is right or what I like even if it is not "societies best way".... I think Jesus threw off the trappings of all the "shoulds" and did what brought life and freedom. it reminds me of one of the principles of the founding families of HOPE church - "do everything - short of sin - to reach people with the good news of Jesus..."

    ReplyDelete