I am currently reading Max Lucado's book "The Great House of God," and it's amazing. It's one of those books where I never like to stop reading at the end of the chapter simply because it's the end of the chapter. It want to read on and on. I have heard the concept of God's house in other places and I have actually thought a lot about it. As horrible as it is, I used to love the song "Big House" by Audio Adrenaline. ("It's a big, big house where we can play SOCCER!!!...")
When I imagine God's house my visual picture is always huge, perfectly decorated, warm, and clean. It's a little like the lobby at the Hilton- a nice fire going in the fireplace, cushy furniture, an elevator or two, and maybe some complimentary coffee on a mahogany credenza.
Max gives another image. He says, "God as your home. Your home is the place where you can kick off your shoes and eat pickles and crackers and not worry about what people think when they see you in your bathrobe." I had to giggle when I read this- to eat pickles with God- in my bathrobe.
I wonder if God's house will be clean, perpetually clean. Can we make messes? My idea of heaven is a house that I never have to clean- angels just come behind and clean up all of the crap. And there's no dust
And the complimentary coffee is definitely a Starbucks barista behind a bar just serving it up. Aahhh...
Write: How do you visualize God's house? Is it a place you would like to stay for all eternity- like your own home- or more like a hotel that you would only want to visit for a few days?
Until soon,
b.
ps- I'm off to Haiti tomorrow so please pray for me! And I'll be back real soon to tell you all about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omoOLhDdTPA
Love the visions of God's house -- both yours and Max's. Something we should all ponder on I suppose as I'm sure it has different meanings for us all... I too am a fan of Big, Big House -- and have always known it would just feel like "family" whatever it looks like.
ReplyDeleteCheryl King
BE SAFE !!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletepersonally, i like the part that says, "a big, big table... with lots and lots of FOOD!!!"
ReplyDeleteI think of home. A place where you belong. A place where you all know each other because you are family. There is togetherness and there is love and you never want to leave.
ReplyDelete