Does God like secrets? Yep. When we read the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus is very specific about keeping certain things secret- your "righteous" acts- or good deeds. Why? So your Father in Heaven (who sees what is secret) can reward you. Did you catch what was in parenthesis? God knows our secrets. So what do we tend to keep secret? I don't know about you, but I tend to keep my vices a secret and proclaim my virtues. In other words, I keep my sins very secret and tell the world about my good attributes.
Not this week. It's Holy Week. The week we focus on the journey Jesus Christ took to the Cross. So every day this week, I will be proclaiming my own vices. Care to join me? Comment your own vices if you so dare. Are we brave enough to follow Christ in humility? I'm not looking forward to this...
until soon,
b.
poor time management....for one.
ReplyDeletenot doing what I said I was gonna do....
ReplyDeletedoing other things ...almost anything... before I sit still with JESUS in prayer...